Sunday, August 4, 2013

Porthole - Nocturne

Nocturne

One of my goals was to try to use my appliques in a "non-blocky" way.  I "saw" how the "bug" cut up would meld with the thistle screened fabric and closed my eyes and chopped it in half.  I love the way it almost turns into a continuation of the plant - a little magic. Then when it came time to quilt it, I had another heart palpitation, but I closed my eyes (figuratively) and forged ahead.  I love the way it turned out, so more of this will be in my future.  




Nocturne (back)

Here is the back to Nocturne.  The yellow loops are how you can hang it  on the right side and you are able to rotate it.  My "plan" is to put one loop on the front, so it is reversible.  I will try it on one of them and see if it works.  It's all an experiment. My friend Robin showed me how to make the silk bias edge to finish the porthole edge and it looks mighty fine.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts are welcomed!