Saturday, April 20, 2013

Keeping the Connection - FAB Collage

Keeping the Connection

This FAB Collage started a little differently then usual. I created the focal point in Photoshop as a digital collage.  I giggled when I put the ship on the gal's head - used as a hat.  That got me thinking about my ancestors who immigrated to the US from Europe in big ships. They would throw balls of string off the bow to keep the connection with their family on the docks for as long as possible. That led me to using yarn "couched down" to repeat the sentiment.  I also found bug fabric that needed to be included. This made me think of the gypsy moths that "hitchhiked" to the new world with the cargo that was in the holds. Not every new visitor was welcomed!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts are welcomed!