Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Some of my FAB Collages


I  love to collage - paper, words, fabrics, photography, digital - anything I can get my hands on. Above are a couple of my fabric collages.  They frequently start with a paper collage that I print on white fabric and then place on a hand-dyed base fabric. Then the play starts by cutting up other pieces of fabric to "extend" the original design  After it is all stitched down with machine stitching, I will embellish them with machine embroidery, hand stitching, and even some beads if I think the work calls for it.  Most of these pieces are about the size of a notebook page - 8.5" x 11". They are then bound and they all have a sleeve on the back that you can slip a chopstick in to hang them on the wall.  I love the way the work tells me what my sub conscience has been pondering.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts are welcomed!