Sunday, March 17, 2013

Rose Applique


Rose Applique - 6" x 6" 

I finished the practice applique piece last night.  I haven't done this for awhile, and I felt I needed to practice before Sandra Leichner's workshop next week.  I have never really worked with embroidery, so I am tickled at the stamens - the details make the piece more interesting - don't cha think?

I like the way the deconstructed fabrics adds interest to the background without taking away the emphasis on the flower.  Of course, I started with the background, which forced me to really use punchy colors for the flowers. Elin Noble once told me that even a dot on a piece of paper "effects" what you do next.  Isn't that like life, there are no mistakes, you just have to make the best of what you've got.

1 comment:

  1. No one seems to be able to leave a comment - so I'll give it a go! Randy

    ReplyDelete

Any thoughts are welcomed!